Has anyone here had COVID?

Scout

I'm showing symptoms and getting a test tomorrow. I live somewhere (Australia) where cases are low currently, but I just found out I was exposed (very briefly) to someone who was positive and they didn't know it at the time.

Have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. I know having Dysautonomia may make us more at risk of complications.

Looking for some reassurance. Please let me know if you've had it and how you went.

Praying it's just sinuses or a cold that I have.

Many thanks 💜

1 hour ago, Scout said:

I know having Dysautonomia may make us more at risk of complications.

@Scout dysautonomia does not pose a greater risk from COVID - we simply may be sicker due to flare symptoms. So there should not be any complications per se - it will just cause a full on flare. Hope your test is negative and your symptoms will be brief 🥰

I work at a university and we developed our own test and I can get tested as often as I like. Family too. I've been pulled three times for mandatory testing, once because I was around someone that test positive and I got tested 2x on my own, so far negative there and I've given blood 3x this year and I've tested negative for antibodies. I tested voluntarily once because a student worker was sick with a stomach thing and I got it. It reminded me of when I got H Pylori that started this shite show. That flared me a bit and I've not felt myself since. No POTS per se, but joint pain, malaise and my intermittent diplopia got a little worse. 

I had covid beginning of December. When the symptoms 1st started. It made me feel extremely weak and thought oh no my pots is getting worse. I was relieved to test positive because I thought I would stay like it. I lost my taste and smell. Im really lucky because my chest was fine. So panic over because I was worried how my body would react

5 minutes ago, Nin said:

It made me feel extremely weak and thought oh no my pots is getting worse. I was relieved to test positive because I thought I would stay like it. I lost my taste and smell.

Oh @Nin - only the people on this forum will understand why you would prefer to have COVID rather than a POTS flare! I too used to get so scared that it is getting worse every time I had a flare. And every time I had a few good days I thought I was cured - just to get soo disappointed when POTS came back!!! I know exactly what you mean. 

I am glad you recovered relatively fast and well, and I hope you did not flare too badly? 

My sister had COVID and I was locked in a house with her for fourteen days. I tested negative, but I was coughing a little bit and had a small fever, but nothing crazy. Other than that I felt about as bad as normal.

SO GLAD U WERE NEGATIVE FEWWW!! .My husband has temp now !! But I think mabye could be food poisoning he ate left overs u see he had shivers been cold with the temp to he been stuck in bathroom  I have sent of for a test for him to come in the post just to be sure though cant take no chances. He can taste he got no cough...quietly worrying now two children in the house and me having hyper pots mast cells seizures my BP been really high so my heartrate today even more .I darnt let my my mum come in incase luckly my son 14 so he very helpful (santa may of bought him xbox ) so he happy to help .I just got out of mast cell reaction so it all stressful in here today .Nin I can see what u mean u were relived though as least u new it will pass I totally understand that .glad u are ok 

On 12/19/2020 at 9:22 PM, Pistol said:

@Scout dysautonomia does not pose a greater risk from COVID - we simply may be sicker due to flare symptoms. So there should not be any complications per se - it will just cause a full on flare. Hope your test is negative and your symptoms will be brief 🥰

@PistolThank you @pistol for reassuring those of us with Dysautonomia that we don't have a greater risk from COVID-19 👍

Since being sick in 2015 it seems like my immune system is fairly normal in terms of I haven't caught the flu or a cold any more than average. I did catch a virus recently that left my wife (who got it 1st) and I with vertigo, but I recovered quicker than her! 

• 1 month later...