Sitting at Computer Hours Caused Flare

I was so excited watching all the presenters at The Dysautonomia International Conference yesterday !  I started feeling flu like symptoms in the evening  (without fever ) which I have quit often , but don’t last long . Then today I felt terrible could barely get out of bed, I hadn’t felt this way in a few weeks. I felt achy, neck ache, migraine / sinus headache, chills , fatigue, but no fever at all. I felt fine previously,  I know this is a silly question but has anyone ever experienced this after watching a screen for a long period of time ? I’m just trying to get to the bottom of my triggers .  I want to feel better! 

@HCD77,

Are the symptoms you describe typical POTS/dysautonomia symptoms for you? Because prolonged sitting can definitely cause POTS/dys symptoms to flare up. If I sit for too long, say, at the computer or in a doctor's waiting room, or even out at a restaurant sitting at the table, sometimes that brings on tachy, palpitations and/or lightheadedness. So I try to get up and walk around, pump my legs, etc., for a few minutes if I'm sitting longer than 30-40 minutes. Before my symptoms came full-on and I was diagnosed, I used to wonder why I would start feeling light-headed after sitting at the table for a while, doing things like going through the mail and writing bills. It was so subtle and fleeting that I almost wondered if I could be imagining it, but I knew I wasn't. I now know that was early POTS/dys. Note that I do not *always* get these symptoms if I've been sitting for a while. But sometimes I do. I hope you get to the bottom of your symptoms soon!

Thank you , I did sit for a long time in front of the computer. I rested all day today , I usually don’t rest this much but I feel somewhat better. I’m trying to accept my limitations but don’t know them yet. 

@HCD77,

Smart move to just rest for a day - I have learned to not underestimate the value of simply resting! And don't confuse "resting" with "sleeping" - sometimes all it takes is just relaxing, not doing a lot of activity and, most importantly, let your mind rest and be free of worry (I know, easier said than done).  Getting in touch with your limitations can be a challenge because they often vary from day to day! But you do get to know your body after a while and what it's trying to tell you - listen. I hope you are feeling well today!