How is everyone night time symptoms?

merkat30

I for what feel for ever now had horrible night time would say adrenaline surges it every night I honstly thought Clonidine would take away or my mcas new trial drug ketoifen would yet still in alot pain jumpy legs arms unvoltry cheast pain flushing high bp and low tremors high heartrate even laid down sweating it scary nausea to anyone else get this .thank u stay safe

@merkat30 I’m so sorry you are having such horrible symptoms at night. I still have awful insomnia. I fall sound asleep and then wake up between 3-4 am if lucky . Wake up with night sweats , then I take a  5 mg of melatonin and try to go back to sleep. I can go to sleep relaxed and calm and wake up feeling horrible. It is the worst thing to have chronic insomnia. Sometimes I wake up with achy pain head to toe. Yes I have nausea too. The nightmares can also be very disturbing. I have a prescription for gabapentin but a little scared to take it. I may try it soon , I heard it helps with the night sweats and autonomic neuropathy in my feet that is also painful at night . Have you tried gabapentin? I hope you have some restful sleep soon. Take care 

So sorry u in same situation it horrible isn't it I also have insomnia.i have all over aches point want cry but hurt to cry nausea to jumpy legs and arm which I have  no control over night sweats and feeling of being very aditative horrible ussally mast cell reaction on cue every night at 6 30 9 40 140 covered in hives nothing seem help .I have not tryed the  g drug cant spell it but no my uncle who has lot problems heart bk etc is on it he says it help .

I've also had terrible struggles with insomnia - my rheumatologist suggested I take Amitriptyline (anything up to 75mg) and it did help my sleep but it raised my resting HR and made POTS worse so I stopped.  I now take 150mg Trazodone (a low dose anti-depressant), I need to take it by 7pm in order to get to sleep by midnight but I definitely do sleep better, prior to all my bradycardia problems I would get about 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep which was more than I'd had in a decade!  I still get adrenaline surges but only in the morning , not during the night.

I also have MCAS and benadryl (US version, diphenhydramine) is super helpful for me when I have sleep issues

Be careful though, I think in the UK the drug labelled "benadryl" is a different actual drug, not sure if that would help or not (adding this in case you or anyone reading this lives in the UK)