Dysautonomia returns:(

angelloz

Hello to all, I was diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction around age 50. I won't go through the horrid list of symptoms as you all know them:). After about 5 years my health improved greatly. Best thing for me was salt and fluid loading. I am now 61 and things are suddenly awful. BP drops are back, temperature dis-regulation and now nothing is moving through my stomach, trying to stay hydrated and barely eating. I have upcoming tests. The one change in my life was starting the NEW oral CGRP medication Ubrelvy for my migraines. It was helping with that and I took it for several months. I have now stopped . I am afraid it has wrecked my body again. It is so new I seriously doubt all side affects will be known for years. I'm not sure what I am asking but I am so scared I ruined my health. I don't think my body can fight through this again. Sigh....

So sorry.  I've had two flare ups (bad) in past 2+ yrs after going 15 yrs with minimal symptoms.  I really don't know what caused these--low B12, stress, perimenopause??  My dr says none of the above--he thinks it's a reaction to inflammation from viruses in both cases.

In both of these bad flare ups I was sick for about 2 months and then it resolved back to my baseline.  

I know everyone's situation is different but I would definitely not assume your health is ruined.  If you got better before you most likely will again.

If fluids helped before, maybe IV fluids would be a good idea for you?