High blood pressure/palpitations when watching Horror/Gory movie

Viktor

Does anyone else has high blood pressure/palpitation symptoms after watching the horror /gory movies. Obviously its doesn't start immediately after the first scary/bloody scene, but as I see more and more it builts up and then I suddenly have all of this horrible symptoms and I have to stop watching it and then relax for 1 or 2 hours until my nervous system will calm down. 

@Viktor - it is common to get overstimulated easily when you have POTS. Exciting movies, loud music, flashing images etc - all known to cause overstimulation and therefore can trigger symptoms. The only way I personally am aware of to stop this is by avoiding the stimuli, meaning you probably shouldn't watch gory movies when you know your ANS cannot handle them. 

Yup. I’d even add watching exciting sporting events and playing poker for me now and these are things I’ve been doing for a good chunk of my life without issue. Heck, after watching the big battle episode of Game of Thrones last year, I actually felt like I was in it.

6 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

Heck, after watching the big battle episode of Game of Thrones last year, I actually felt like I was in it.

🤣😂!!! I know what you mean!! If I get in 15 minutes of Monopoly I feel like I have superpowers!!!

I don't watch horror movies but I feel like this every day all day now because of the upcoming election. I'm not even kidding. I wake up with dread and horror and I fight it all day and then I can't sleep. I'm sure this reply will be deleted but I can't be the only one this is happening to. The current political climate is making my hyperPOTS so much worse and I don't know what to do about it.