Has POTS affected your weight?

Has POTS affected your weight?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many of us seem to experience either weight gain ( often from inability to exercise ) or weight loss ( from constant overstimulation etc ) from POTS. What is your experience?

In my case I have weight gain when in the fatigue/low exercise tolerance/low metabolism phase and weight loss when in the overstimulation/high adrenaline/restlessness phase. 

I have lost around 35lbs from the weight I was 15 years ago when my POTS became severe.  I didn't lose it all at once but when I'm in a flare I just seem to burn through calories.  Despite eating the same amount as usual I can easily lose 2lb a week and I find it so much harder to put weight on than it is to lose it.  I now weigh 140lbs which I think is OK for my height (I'm 5 foot 10).  

I have lost 18 lbs since my symptoms started in October 2019. It is scary weighing 118 lbs at 5’10’’. A year ago I weighed 136. I have always been thin, but I’m so concerned even seeing a dietitian. Between being a prediabetic and eating low carb smaller meals it’s so hard to put on weight. I have a good appetite and eat through the nausea, but still not gaining. I have telling my PCP since October I have unintentional weight loss which should be a huge red flag for all doctors to listen and investigate. I get so discouraged.😞

It’s amazing how no one seems alarmed about my weight loss, either. I am quite light for my height and was never overweight. I supplement calories like crazy and still don’t gain... I have no GI issues but also lost my appetite permanently about 18 months ago. I force a lot of meals anyway!