Theory. Why some of the symptoms occur in dysautonomia patients

Viktor

"Researchers have found the key to understanding how memories of pain are stored in the brain. More importantly, the researchers are also able to suggest how these memories can be erased, making it possible to ease chronic pain."

The full story read here. Very interesting and convincing - 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120213154141.htm

So looks like our nervous system has its own memory and I was suspecting that long time so I started to google it and found this article. The article mostly saying that nervous system remembering only the pain, but  I believe that our nervous system may remember not only the pain, but all of the painful or uncomfortable experiences. For example breathing problems in dysautonomia patients can also be relevant here. 

From my own experience I feel like my uncomfortable feelings of shortness of breath or lack of oxygen may be due to the fact that my nervous system memorized this experiences for some reason and nervous system accepted it as a normal thing and now whenever I am travelling in the bus, now no matter warm or cold inside of the bus, it may trigger nervous system memory and as a result, the breathing problem doesn't exist, it's a fantom symptom, but my nervous system memorized it in the past and that's why I can feel it again. It's like magnetic disk and painful information recorded, and when the correct trigger and correct time comes, it's reading that painful information. 

Also when I am more nervous and my nervous system is unstable, thats when it most likely will read that information from the disk. 

Also it may not trigger that painful/uncomfortable memory if I am super distracted. For example I have entered the bus and somebody has called me and all my memory got concentrated on the phone conversation. 

I think in case if my nervous system didn't remember this feelings (breething problems or some others) , they wouldn't happen at that time. And it takes a lot of time for the nervous system to forget about this feelings, but it cannot forget if it happens again and again. In order to heal completely there should be the way to erase the nervous systems memory  and hopefully this researchers are on the right way. 

@Viktor - is it possible that the symptoms you experience when entering a bus stem from anxiety? Did something happen to you when in a bus that you say the NS remembers the breathing problem? It is a know fact that anxiety can cause shortness of breath - but also that if you are afraid that a symptoms returns on the bus it easily will. That will also explain the fact that you "forgot" to remember the symptom when you were on the phone. 

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Viktor - is it possible that the symptoms you experience when entering a bus stem from anxiety? Did something happen to you when in a bus that you say the NS remembers the breathing problem? It is a know fact that anxiety can cause shortness of breath - but also that if you are afraid that a symptoms returns on the bus it easily will. That will also explain the fact that you "forgot" to remember the symptom when you were on the phone. 

Hi. Thanks, one thing I am 100 percent sure that it doesn't come from anxiety. There is no reason for me to panick because my breathing problems are very mild and never caused me a big issues, but they are just uncomfortable, it's difficult to focus on something else, when they possess you. And it happens not only on the bus, it may happen anywhere if I accidentally remember those feelings somewhere. So for example, after the work when I go home, and mind accidentally recalls that breathing feeling, it seems sents the signal to my nervous system to magnify those feelings, and then If I don't manage to get distracted they will intensify and stay with me for 1 hour or so, until my brain will manage to get distracted enough again. Sometimes this breathing problem disappear for 1 week but then my mind accidentally will recall it again somewhere, mostly at the places where they happened before, but sometimes - other places, and when it's recalled it's feeling, it's too late to try to get distracted, but it leaves me alone within 1 hour or so and I am back to normal. So definitely doesn't come from anxiety

I absolutely believe you're onto something. The nervous system remembers reactions to certain things and will enact those responses automatically and incorrectly when your nervous system goes haywire (as it does in us). Not everybody will be able to fix everything, but I do have hope that neuroplasticity can help benefit our conditions. I've done one of these programs and it's a LOT of work. And it doesn't always come quickly. It hasn't cured me by any means, but I haven't always had the time and patience to fully commit. I do believe understanding these concepts and attempting to practice them has somewhat put me in a better position (at least mentally) than if I hadn't. I'm also optimistic that there's more benefit to come. I think I may have even started a thread on this not too long ago. 

2 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

I absolutely believe you're onto something. The nervous system remembers reactions to certain things and will enact those responses automatically and incorrectly when your nervous system goes haywire (as it does in us). Not everybody will be able to fix everything, but I do have hope that neuroplasticity can help benefit our conditions. I've done one of these programs and it's a LOT of work. And it doesn't always come quickly. It hasn't cured me by any means, but I haven't always had the time and patience to fully commit. I do believe understanding these concepts and attempting to practice them has somewhat put me in a better position (at least mentally) than if I hadn't. I'm also optimistic that there's more benefit to come. I think I may have even started a thread on this not too long ago. 

I also suspect that our nervous system may remember not just exact feelings, but the exact conditions, place and maybe even the time of a day when this feelings happened. I remember the day, when I got really dizzy at one place, it was hot day, 3 o'clock maybe, near the supermarket. Next time when I was passing there at around same time I didn't feel dizzy until I recalled what happened there another day, this memory shook my nerves very slightly and its triggered same reaction and I got dizzy there again,  same place, same weather condition. So it's just needs a some kind of similar situation and  a slight nerves shake maybe to read the info from that magnetic disk. Had also similar issues with coughing and severe back/neck pain related to the memory, weather, time...