Seeing an SSDI doctor

corina

Hi guys,

I have been working on my medical file this last week, because I will be seeing an SSDI doctor who will judge on gettting SSDI any longer.

My employer has asked permission to fire me (there is a special law in my country to protect employees from getting fired for no reason) and that contains that I will have to see an SSDI doctor again. If it turns out that I really can't go back to work anymore my employer gets a permission to fire me, but I will keep my money because of insurance. When this doctor thinks I will be able to do any kind of work I won't get payed anymore and have to go back to work (I wouldn't know how, but . . . :) ).

I'm not sure about the US-system, but in my country the Government has set up an insurance company and their doctors decide wether you are able to work or not. When you're not able to work you get an SSDI-payment by this company which is officially payed by the Government.

Anyway, I'm very nervous about this visit because the last time I saw an SSDI doctor she told me that it was all in my head, that I only had hyperventilation and I could become a mailman for 40 hours a week (WALKING THE MAIL!!!!!?????). I had to sew this doctor (and the insurance company) and in the end they declared that I was right and I got my SSDI-payment again. It took 2 years to get my payments!

So I've been creating a new medical file and used some Dinet information about dysautonomia. Reading and translating everything took a lot of time and concentration (which makes it sooooooooo difficult). I hope it will be worth it and that I won't be blasted off on Tuesday.

Will you please keep your fingers crossed for me?

After Tuesday I will be around again! I'll have a lot to catch up!

Love,

Corina

I will keep you in my thoughts! Also, maybe they'll be more likely to believe you this time since you won your lawsuit against them? I hope so!

Nina

Guest Julia59

Corina,

I'm glad to hear you sued them. Bravo for you! That very well could be a good thing for you, and work in your favor getting approved again.

I went through a simular experience with an SSDI Doc. He lied throughout the whole report. My attorney will have a look at it on Tuesday. I had to wait to file the appeal as I had to fire my existing attorney. She was not working out well at all, and consistantly told me how good I looked, and then proceded to tell my I had no "smoking gun" showing in my medical records.

The present attorney that I have just hired has extensive experience in SSDI, and he said he would take on my case, but I had to wait until the other attorney got notice that she was being dismissed from the case. I knew this was protocol---and expected that. I already have the appeal papers filled out, and I contacted the local SSDI office to see how much time I have. I have until Sept. 19th.

I know how sick I am and how much I have to deal with every day, so when this SSDI doc lied-------------I was livid to put it mildly. I will go after him full speed ahead, and see that this is never done to another patient. I'll have a better view of my legal maneuvers once I speak to my attorney on Tuesday.

I also have sent copies of this false report from the SSDI Doc along with my latest medical information to compare with it to the case work dept. at my senators office. They will open up an investigation once the appeal is filed.

It's time these SSDI Docs are held accountable--------------- :)

Good luck to you----i'll say a little prayer............... :)

Julie :0)

corina-

good luck getting all of your paperwork together & then especially on tuesday. i can't help but think that the fact you did win the lawsuit last time can only help, but you'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

:-)melissa

Thanks Ernie, Nina, Tracy (think we haven't met yet, but I will catch up with you!), Julie and Melissa, you guys are the best. I feel like needing your support because I know a lot of you went through the same thing. That's what's helping me keeping my head up. We're kind of fighting together.

Julie, I've been following your case, wasn't always able to write but know that I'm thinking about you. Tuesday will be an important day for us. Maybe it helps when we will think about eachother :) . The SSDI rules have become much more strict so I really am nervous. I'm glad we had such a great trip to France which we all really enjoyed. When I don't get the SSDI anymore we won't be able to go on vacation anymore.

Thanks again, I love you guys,

Corina

corina,

i have missed you so much lately on the board...it will be so nice to have you back after your hearing. i was afraid that maybe you were still 'sick as a dog' after your trip. but instead you were using all of your brain power to get all these records together and translate everything. i admire your tenacity and perserverance. i hope so much that it will pay off at the hearing and they will take you seriously this time around!

a mailman, huh? hah! i love how they come up with these things. they told me i could go back to being a hostess in a restaurant among other things! oh my!

i will be thinking of you so much and hope that you 'whip it on 'em' on tuesday! (as my dad would say!).

can't wait to see you posting more again...i miss your spirit here!

love, emily

Guest Julia59

Mail carrier--------------huh----My husband has good health----and this summer really wiped him out delivering that mail in these temps---95 degrees---plus.... :blink:

I don't know about the UK----but here in the US they run them like cattle.

My hubby has his degree in Accounting, but he actually get's paid more as a letter carrier, so that is where he stays until he eaither get's his CPA----or Masters---or both. Uggggg-he's tired of school----he works so many hours 50-60 hours a week. School was tough while he worked those long hours at the PO.

That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard----A mailman------------------- :D

I had trouble getting through the grocery store tonight---and that was with help---my husband pushed the cart---and is putting the groceries away as I type this.

I came on here because I was on the verge of collapse and thought I would end up in ER. I felt so bad, but i'm doing better now after sitting down.

Knowing how bad off you have been lately----I can't imagine you delivering mail in----rain, sleet, snow, heat----or freezing temps. Where do these people at SSDI get their brains?--------------------------- :o I'll be thinking about you Tuesday.

Julie :0)

all i know is that if i were someone's mail carrier they wouldn't be getting much mail...there's days i don't even manage to get mine out of my box!

and if i were a waitress they might have to eat the food off the ground.

and i'm guessing i'm not the only one....

sorry, i couldn't resist!

perhaps they're trying to improve people's health through humor? uh...yeah.

:-)melissa

Emily, I missed you too. It is so hard to not be able to write and answer peoples posts and help them with questions. I know you feel that too! But because I have to try and keep my money I had to focus on my medical file. As soon as I can I will write again.

Melissa and Julie, the mailman thing was some years ago (2 I think) when I was able to walk about 50 meters. Nowadays I can do 5. Let's keep it to humor, I like that most! I admire your husband Julie, for working so hard and going to school!

Dayna, I'm afraid you will only be able to sit and rest, keeping your fingers AND toes crossed.

Thanks you guys, you mean so much to me!

Corina