Has anyone taken SSRIs/SNRIs to reset their autonomic nervous system/improve their PoTS symptoms?

WBuffett

My mom was on Cymbalta for a little bit and it made her feel awful. I think it can be different for everyone, but for her and a lot of other people it has been very bad. I think you have to figure out what is good for you, but that was our experience with it. 

All I've read is that the brain is a very poorly understood organ and that often doctors prescribe things that they have seen work in a lot of patients without really understanding how or why they work!  I know it's hard to think about taking something that could possibly make you worse but from experience sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and try things and see how you get on with them.  Dysautonomia is weird - sometimes things that "should" help us do nothing at all or make us worse whilst things that "should" help us don't!  My cardiologist suggested I try Ivabradine despite my low resting HR at night as he'd had good results with it in other patients - it didn't work for me (it dropped my HR into the high 30s low 40s) but I don't regret trying it, even though I had a horrible few weeks because I don't have to wonder if it would have helped me.  I think as long as you start on the lowest possible dose and stop as soon as you have bad side effects, you have to accept there are risks with any meds.  Unfortunately we POTSies are very prone to side effects - I know , I haven't found any meds to help my POTS symptoms without the side effects being worse than the symptoms but I have tried plenty and would be prepared to try plenty more!