Anyone took ketoifen? For mcad

Hi I currently on nearly second day of 1mg of ketoifen for mast cell activationn syndrome 5pm uk time got take other I feel ran over so much bone pain heavy feeling all over I get sore throat foggy like been on the anesthetic. My untreated dysautonomia playn up hyper pots. Please tell me this gna get better.i dont no wifi can take much more I dont have doctor understands at moment .😴😪😪😪🤢😷🤕one if isn't working at moment due to covid virus here in uk I cant see any of them

Sometimes it takes time to adjust to a medicine

That said, I also have MCAS and when I tried ketotifen I got bad fatigue so I stopped it

From what I understand, with MCAS you just got to keep trying different things so don't give up! Different things work for different people

I get that is hard right now due to COVID and hope you can find a dr soon who can help manage this process for you

Thank u for your reply currently  1.55am took the ketoifen capsule 1mg at 5 o clk uk time .now sweating high heartrate dizzy hives assuming it setting my Hyperadrenergic pots of more hope it soon settles how long did u last on it if u dont mind me asking yes it so sedating heavy feeling like cant move horrible 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, merkat30 said:

Unfortunately it a capsule I am taking so we just trying till 3 weeks see if helps is the plan for now 

If you get a medicine scale, you can actually split those up in some cases (it can be a bit frustrating though). You have to empty out the contents and then take, say, half and stick it in a new capsule. Be careful though: as the weight of the contents of the capsule will be more than the weight of the medicine, due to the addition of fillers. For example a pill with 10mg of medicine may have contents that weigh 50mg or something (picked those numbers arbitrarily but I think you get the idea).

But I think this only works for some medicines? I am not sure

I think it depends on the medicine being evenly mixed with the filler

I would ask dr or pharmacist if that may be an option for this particular medicine

I have done this for some medicines and it has worked well for me so far