Anyone taking both Midodrine and Propranolol?

HCD77

I’m taking Midodrine 10 mg 3xs a day and it has really worked for some POTS symptoms. I can stand longer without symptoms. I really want to return to work but I feel like I have anxiety and with the COVID 19 being a teacher. I wanted to try propanol for anxiety. I know low dose propanol is used for POTS too. My psychiatrist thought it might be an option too since I have extreme adverse side effects to many SSRI I have tried. Need help Has anyone had success with both? 

Thank you 😊 

4 hours ago, Lisa C said:

I’m taking Midodrine 10 mg 3xs a day and it has really worked for some POTS symptoms. I can stand longer without symptoms. I really want to return to work but I feel like I have anxiety and with the COVID 19 being a teacher. I wanted to try propanol for anxiety. I know low dose propanol is used for POTS too. My psychiatrist thought it might be an option too since I have extreme adverse side effects to many SSRI I have tried. Need help Has anyone had success with both? 

Thank you 😊 

It's not unusual to combine a beta blocker with a drug to increase your BP.  But most people here take beta blocker for increased heart rate not for anxiety.   Beta blockers tend to lower your BP, so it could counter the effect of the midodrine.  

Thank you @yogini I saw where some POTS patients used them together. I was hoping it could reduce my heart rate and maybe that would help with anxiety when my heart rate goes up. I just went outside to pick up some debris in my yard and my heart rate according to Apple Watch went up to 179. I do stand for short periods of time ok but anything the least bit strenuous my heart rate goes up high. I’m thankful what I can do but I really need to return to work .