Question about heart rate recovery after activity.

MTRJ75

About an hour ago, the dog darted out the front door and I had to chase after him two houses down, pick his nearly 60 pound butt up and carry him back to the house. An amount of activity that, of course, had me breathing heavily and sweating afterward even on a good day. 

About a half hour later, reclined on the couch, my heart rate was still around 100 (10mg beta blocker taken a a few minutes before the incident)

Now, an hour later,  I'm low to mid 80's in the same position. 

I actually consider this fairly decent for me and better than I was expecting, though that first half hour was still mentally stressful wondering where this was going to go. 

You read any manner of things about how long it takes for heart rate to recover after exercise, depending on what type of activity and your physical conditioning. I can ask a doctor, but they'll probably only tell me the answer for the normal person. 

Does anyone know acceptable heart rate recoveries for moderate activity for

- Normal person? (I've read anywhere from 10 minutes to a half hour)

- An out of shape person?

- Someone with dysautonomia/POTS? 

And lastly, at what point does it become a concern or something that might need attention. 

https://www.livestrong.com/article/260805-the-recovery-heart-rate-time-after-cardio-exercise/

Dear @MTRJ75 - In my case if I were to do what you had to I would be in bed for 5 days 😰!!! - When I exercise ( rowing machine when possible ) I do it only to the point where my HR starts to go up, then I have to stop or pay for it. Due to POTS I am horribly out of shape, but since I am on beta blockers it takes a while for my HR to really go up.  I can do chores and be active around the house as long as I can have frequent rest periods, this is mostly due to if I do not stop in time my adrenaline goes through the roof. Therefore I never really go to the point of really getting my HR up. ( Not sure if this info is helpful ). 

Thanks @Pistol 

I saw that article and several more as a matter of fact, which all seemed to differ in their opinions. 

I was really surprised and encouraged that I wasn't knocked out completely or sent back into a massive flare, especially after just seeming to come out of one. In fact, I'm pleasantly stunned. 

Reason for asking about this is that if I am able to start doing more activity again eventually, I don't want to have to sit there and worry about how quickly my heart rate is dropping (or not) if it shouldn't be expected to drop back down under 100 for someone like me for up to an hour or so. I also don't want to ignore it if it remains dangerously high much longer than it should be. 

I thought I was in decent shape before all this started a couple of years back and inability to decrease heart rate after physical activity was one of my first alarming dysautonomia signs.