Headaches and dizziness after elevating head of bed

HCD77

Has anyone had a negative experience after elevating head of bed? I just know am having headaches and lots of dizziness. Woke up the first 2 nights with stiff neck. Any suggestions? Lots of the POTS protocol seems like it’s causing problems I didn’t have before. Would welcome any feedback. 

Thank you 😊 

Hi Lisa.  Just wondering if you are using an elevated wedge or bed, or just using pillows to elevate?   I have cervical arthritis/stenosis and note I have to be very careful in the positioning of my neck or will have the same symptoms.   It actually is quite a trick because I also have severe acid rreflux and, for that reason, also have to be elevated.   What I have found is to use a very low-profile pillow (like one inch) so that the neck isn't flexed at all.   Do you have underlying neck issues?  If unknown, maybe something you want to check , as if you just started to notice the headaches and dizziness along with a stiff neck, the new position may definitely be contributory.    I also have chronic dizziness  for many years, and as the neck worsened, so did the dizziness and dysautonomia symptoms.    Also, I know they say to lie elevated to conserve volume, but interestingly, I have found the opposite to be true; increased need to urinate at night.   All I can figure is that it's the more "upright"  position.   Go figure!  Hope you can work it out, and good luck. 

Thank you all  so much for all your help! I did take the head of the bed down and I feel so much better. It just different for everybody. I am such a rule follower in order to get well I like to try everything that is suppose to work. I am newly diagnosed and I appreciate all of you and your support in this forum. 😃