Sensitivity to chemicals odors

TigerLily

One thing I have developed along with other sensitivities is a sensitivity to the smell of bleach. It will send me right into a full attack. Dizziness, shortness of breath, high heart rate and burning lungs.  This a new thing in the last 6 months or so. I don't have asthma but it felt like what I imagine an asthma attack feels like. 

@TigerLily - my best friend has asthma and develops the exact same symptoms when exposed to bleach. I may be wrong but personally I am not aware of dysautonomia causing this type of reaction from smelling a substance. 

Being sensitive to various smells is a common symptom of POTS/dysautonomia but I think most of us experience a POTS flare.  So I get dizzy, headache, fast heart rate, nausea etc.  If it feels more like an asthma attack that could be an allergic reaction and makes sense to tell your dr about sooner rather than later.

I have MCAS and have to be very careful around perfumes, beauty products, cleaning products, paints etc or I flare and become very faint. This whole hand gel bleach product C-19 thing has been tough as everyone is blasting these products everywhere.