bisoprolol is it any good for pots?

Nin

The consultant I seen originally was going to put me on ivabradine but has now said bisoprolol. My resting heart rate is around 60 so I don't know if that's why he changed his mind as originally he said he don't want to put me on beta blockers. I've never taken medication for pots. My main hurdle is I get siezures and feel it's going to be hard to find the right medication. When my siezures were reported my heart rate was going up to 180 so maybe beta blockers will stop it getting that high in the first place. I'm worried about the side effects. 

@Nin - as you know I also take seizures caused by POTS and also have high BP from HPOTS. I have been on several BB's and they all were safe for me to take. I had no bad side effects, just some only worked for a while and then I had to switch. Now I am on Carvelidol with good effects for many years. Try  the Bisoprolol- we all are different in the way we tolerate meds. In my case they all worked on lowering my HR but not the high BP. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

@Nin - as you know I also take seizures caused by POTS and also have high BP from HPOTS. I have been on several BB's and they all were safe for me to take. I had no bad side effects, just some only worked for a while and then I had to switch. Now I am on Carvelidol with good effects for many years. Try  the Bisoprolol- we all are different in the way we tolerate meds. In my case they all worked on lowering my HR but not the high BP. 

Well that's reassuring as my symptoms sound really close to yours as like I said not many people seem to have siezures as well. All I can do is try and hope for the best! Hopefully sort the medication out soon.