I think I just had a seizure

Scout

I know I've mentioned before that I sometimes have short "blips" that feel like seizures.

Basically, I will have these moments when my Dysautonomia is flaring quite badly, where my brain just seems to stall. I will stare off into the distance, and not be able to move or do anything. It's like I'm there, but not there at the same time.

Usually these last anywhere from as short as 15 seconds, to a couple of minutes.

I just had one though where I suddenly felt overwhelmingly sick to my stomach, and then all of a sudden just "went" somewhere else mentally, and the front of my head / brain felt very, very weird. Almost as if there was static in my head. It was the most intense one I've had so far, and I am feeling really sick after it.

I don't really know what to do about it. I suppose it just is what it is?

Dear @Scout - I get these as well. I do take autonomic seizures that look like grand mal seizures, but I also have these "staring episodes" that you describe. I know that before a seizure I have this sensation of almost "being outside of my body" and I can't move and hear and see differently. People tell me that I have a blank stare and turn ashen, with blue or white lips, right before a seizure. But I have also had these spells without developing a full-fledged seizure, and those seem to last a few minutes. I was told that this is all due to a loss of circulation to the brain caused by excessive vasoconstriction. In my case this is due to a sudden and severe adrenaline dump. --- I also have vasovagal syncope in addition to HPOTS, and the syncopal episodes caused by that are completely different, with different warning signs before, and I usually only get a few seconds before going completely lights-out. 

I am sorry that you are dealing with this now, during such a trying time. I assume the stress and unavoidable anxiety from the current crisis will add to our symptoms and can cause a flare. Personally I would call the physician that treats your POTS and inform him/her of these events, he may suggest medications to help stabilize your ANS and help with the pre-syncopal symptoms. For me what always helps are IV fluids. I get them scheduled 3 times a week at home but used to have to go to hospital for them when the seizures and syncopal episodes became too frequent. This would ALWAYS stop them for a while. But I also realize that that may not be possible right now with the crisis. But maybe worth mentioning to your docs that it helps others with the same conditions. I am not sure if this is even accepted in your country. 

Scout, I wish you the best and send you strength and support in dealing with this frightening part of POTS. Just know that you are not alone and I am here if you need support or have questions. Just PM me if you need help. Be well 😉😘

I agree completely with @Pistol she knows her stuff.  I used to get those out of body/staring experiences when I was at my worst and had overdone anything.  I still get them when I flare badly but I never thought they were seizures. I don’t get them unless I am very poorly and right now my stress level is playing havoc with my symptoms.  Please take care.

I don't get seizures but this happens to me but it's for a few seconds, not a few minutes.      I do agree that a lot of dysautonomia is what it is - weird scary symptoms with no explanation of why they are happening.  But I agree with Pistol. Call your dr.  A lot of doctors are doing video calls at this time and maybe it will be reassuring to connect.

What you are experiencing sounds like what happens to me if a take antihistamines.  I feel as if that are blips or seconds when my brain is not working.   I have been diagnosed with partial seizures but for me this symptom only comes from AH.  It is a scary feeling.