Exercise and Anhidrosis

Eraena

I've had heat intolerance and the inability to sweat since I was a child. I was diagnosed with POTS two years ago. It's very well managed with Florinef, with a few POTsie days from time to time, of course. I know the importance of exercising, and not getting de-conditioned, as that will worsen it. But since I can't sweat, I have a hard time doing cardio, or anything raising my body temperature. I tried cardio yesterday, had water nearby and a spray bottle, too. I got too hot in the process, and it caused my POTS to go haywire. I thought cooling myself down with a spray bottle would be enough, but apparently it wasn't.

I don't want to do my exercise pedals, or any exercise lying down because It doesn't raise my HR, and since my POTS is mild, I feel like I should keep myself upright.

Does anyone have any tips?

@Eraena I also sweat very little and am prone to overheating easily and am extremely exercise intolerant. What I tolerate best of all exercises is my rowing machine. It has 8 settings and depending on my day I can turn it up or down. Even on the lowest setting it uses muscles of arms, legs, core and buttocks. It CAN increase my HR I but most of the time I stop right before that. I can do 30 rows three times a day on setting 3 when I feel good or 10 rows on setting 1 or 2 twice a day on less good days. On really bad days I don't do it at all. 

I purchased it on Amazon and it was not expensive, to me it is very helpful.