Anyone experience the inability to speak for a minute or so?

Nin

I decided to walk to my appointment as I don't like going in a wheelchair. After about 4 minutes of walking I tried to talk to my mum, i would say a couple of words and then nothing would come out, I would try again and no words. We just sat in silence for about a minute until I could speak again. Also as I sat I could see stars flashing.

I've had that happen, but not consistently. I've wondered if it's related to blood flow, meaning if blood pools in the lower extremities, maybe it's not where it should be in the head. 

The only time this happened to me was recovering from a full faint at olive garden. This was before i knew i had this condition and my first faint issue. When i gained my hearing and vision back, i couldnt move or speak for a few minutes. When the paramedics arrived they were asking me questions for insurance purposes. Some time had passed and i could barely get words out. It was like trying to pick up a really really heavy weight in the strength it required to speak. They wouldnt even let my wife answer for some reason. 

Even when i was in the ambulance it was hard to speak but he did say my blood pressure was coming back up. By the time i arrived at the hospital and was in a room, i was back to normal. Just seriously freaked out. 

On 3/15/2020 at 12:54 AM, Derek1987 said:

The only time this happened to me was recovering from a full faint at olive garden. This was before i knew i had this condition and my first faint issue. When i gained my hearing and vision back, i couldnt move or speak for a few minutes. When the paramedics arrived they were asking me questions for insurance purposes. Some time had passed and i could barely get words out. It was like trying to pick up a really really heavy weight in the strength it required to speak. They wouldnt even let my wife answer for some reason. 

Even when i was in the ambulance it was hard to speak but he did say my blood pressure was coming back up. By the time i arrived at the hospital and was in a room, i was back to normal. Just seriously freaked out. 

I wonder if it's a blood pressure thing.