Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nin

Palpitations but heart rate not raised...is this common with pots?

I get palpitations quite a lot, after eating sometimes, sitting and when I lie down to go asleep. I feel really off Balance with it as well. But when I check my heart rate it's my normal resting heart rate when sat, but it's feels like it's going so fast I expect my heart rate to be high. My symptoms just seem to wax and wane. One minute I think I'm getting better and then I get a day from h***!

11 hours ago, Nin said:

My symptoms just seem to wax and wane.

Dear @Nin - this is very common for dysautonomia; we all have good days, bad days and in-between days. Palpitations can occur at any heart rate since they are simply premature beats that do not influence the rate. 

@Nin - that knowledge unfortunately comes from necessity. I wish we all could just be as uninformed and unknowing as most people because we would not have to learn about it! 

Yes, I get this all the time, I have constant palpitations particularly lying down / after eating.  No skipped beats, tachy etc. just feeling my heart beating.  I normally feel it at a lower HR but when my HR rises, I don't feel it anymore - I hit 180 on the TTT and couldn't even feel it beating.  I also go through periods where I feel off balance / like I've just been on a boat.