Looking for: shortened sleep, but never tired

judyinthesky

Hello,

are there any people who have nervous system issues, insomnia (shortened sleep, sleep maintenance issues), but never tired?

It seems my body is compensating in hypersensitive nerves in my gastro area, or that is what is responsible for it (have pancreatic insufficiency, Burning Mouth Syndrome, all pointing towards inflammatory processes in the gastro system).

I have no POTS, but I was wondering whether nerve issues could do this?

Anyone who has shortened sleep but never is tired, but constantly agitated?

22 hours ago, judyinthesky said:

Anyone who has shortened sleep but never is tired, but constantly agitated?

@judyinthesky - I have hyperadrenergic POTS ( too much adrenaline ) which at times causes me to have insomnia due to the night time adrenaline levels not dropping. When that occurs I fall asleep easily but keep waking up throughout the night and I am restless and easily irritated during the day instead of being tired. Having "a short fuse" unfortunately is a symptoms of the body not getting enough sleep and running on adrenaline. Have you referred to your doctor? Maybe he would order a sleep study ?

Yes my doctor said sleep study not neccessary. In fact one said it is okay as long as I have engery (well, I do have, but the whole situation is utterly exhausting!) and one said I might be bipolar. I might ask my GP again because in terms of sleep, these two were useless.

As it was at the same time than my pancreatic insufficiency started, my theory is that my body went into a constant fight and flight mode... now of course I am interested in bringing it out of there... 

But I do not have classic short fuses or adrenaline surges.... maybe I am more easily startled when I am stressed, but as I am a person that does not have too many stressors usually....

But your idea with having too much adrenaline during night time could be something interesting! Maybe I have a light version of that?

What does help you? (sleep hygiene I do already!)