Motor Function & Bright Spots

Hi all,

I have been less frequent around here lately. Over the last year, I’ve been getting more motor function issues. Muscle cramps. Muscle twitches. Resting tremor. My right (dominant) hand is the worst. Gate issues when I walk. Bell palsy. REM sleep behavior disorder. Stiff muscles. They just found hyperintensities in the white matter of my brain on a new MRI. It is “periventrical and subcortical”. There is also widening of the solci and narrowing of the gyri. Basically I’m loosing mass in the folds of my cortex.

Question 1: I’m curious if anyone else has had similar results? When I searched “Hyperintensities” nothing much came up recently. 

The common source of hyperintensities seems to be strokes due to small vessels in people with hypertension. Given that I have hypotension, not hypertension, and I am only 42 years old, and I’m having increased motor symptoms, MS and Parkinsons seem like real possibilities. I’m getting a lumbar puncture for cerebral fluid and a DaTscan to hopefully rule these in or out.

Question 2: Is anyone else here with MS or Parkinsons willing to share their early experiences. I’d like to learn how dysautonomia and these diseases present together. Is there anything special I should know?

———————————————————————
My dysautonomia symptoms include POTS, sweat gland dysfunction, lack of temperature control, brain fog, dry eyes, diarrhea and constipation, ED, fatigue, GERD. Light sensitivity, and a few more.

I also have allergies (but not MCAS), narcolepsy and REM Sleep Behavior Disorder.

My current meds include Lamotrigrine, cymbalta, Zyrtec, B12 and B complex (methyl...) and Testosterone.

Dear @Random-Symptom Man - I am so sorry about your health!!! It is so scary to go through this time of uncertainty and open-ended questions! I hope and pray that it can be worked out!!! 

I hate to ask this but have you considered MSA (Multiple System Atrophy) ? It is a dysautonomia that shares many of your symptoms. 

Despite the seriousness of your unclear situation - please stay positive and hopeful. I wish you the very best 🤗

Thank you @Pistol.

I have considered MSA. I was under the impression that MSA didn’t show hyperintensities in the subcortical and periventrical portions of the brain. It is supposed to be a brain stem issue (I think). But I am not a neurologist, so I could be wrong. 

I do try to stay positive. We all have weird symptoms here and uncertainties. I am lucky in so many ways, just not in health. I just need to be patient for the day I can get the right meds that actually help.

Thanks again.