Recumbent Bikes

Luke

I’m new to the forum and have recently(after 6 years) been diagnosed with POTS/Dysautonomia. I use to be a Fire Captain and this change in lifestyle kinda sucks. While doing some research I have discovered that RECUMBENT BIKES seem to be one of the preferred exercises for POTSies since being upright can be devastating some days. I also have my dogs which are my family and want to take them out to get there exercise and me out of the house. Has anyone been able to get a Recumbent E-bike prescribed by their doctor? If so had did you do it?

I started exercising on a recumbent bike and then progressed from there

I highly recommend it. If like many with POTS you have exercise intolerance of some kind, just do as much as you can to start and advance as you can handle from there

I started at just 2 minutes at a very slow speed and eventually worked up to 45m cardio on it and then moved to the upright bike and finally the treadmill, roughly following CHOPs modified Dallas Protocol