Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nin

Why aren't you allowed to eat or drink before a tilt table test?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anyone knows why you shouldn't eat or drink before a tilt table test for diagnosis for pots? My heart rate doesn't seem as high in the night is that because of drinking throughout the day and it helps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nin - I believe the reason you are not to take anything by mouth before the procedure is b/c if you pass out you could vomit and that could cause you to aspirate. If your stomach is empty this very possible scenario could be avoided. 

9 hours ago, Nin said:

My heart rate doesn't seem as high in the night is that because of drinking throughout the day and it helps?

HR normally drops at night, but it may also be b/c you are reclined and resting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nin said:

Just wondering if anyone knows why you shouldn't eat or drink before a tilt table test for diagnosis for pots? My heart rate doesn't seem as high in the night is that because of drinking throughout the day and it helps?

They are afraid that you might throw up—at least that is what they told me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 12:09 PM, Sushi said:

They are afraid that you might throw up—at least that is what they told me.

Makes sense. They made me extremely naseous and out of it. They are talking about doing a 3rd one on me possibly soon. Idk why. I guess to see how well the meds are doing even though the past few months they do a poor mans tilt and see my numbers are still screwed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...