Mestinon - at what dosage to start feel benefits

Hi all,

Started building up Mestinon about 4 weeks ago. Am taking 40mg per day right now and tomorrow upping to 50mg. I'm increasing the dosage very slowly since I'm experiencing a lot of (uncommon) side effects. I've been thinking about quitting because I don't feel any better on it, probably only worse. However I want to be 100% sure it's not for me given the amount of people who experience great benefits from it.

Hence, my question is: at what dosage have you all started to feel benefits (and what benefits), so that I can estimate at what point I can be positive it won't do anything for me?

Thanks!

I'm on 15mg and have been on that from the beginning since my body is really sensitive to meds since having POTS. I found that within the first day I could tell it was having an effect on me, kind of had a 'drug high' type feeling for the first week, but I also noticed I could walk around a bit further and my body would recover faster from it. 30mg is the most I've done and I can definitely tell when I'm on that dose, can walk further/ recover faster but it causes too much of a feeling of head pressure for me.

The one downside I've felt with the drug is that my body gets used to it really quickly (the medication does have a short halflife), so I don't feel the same positive effects I felt the first few weeks I was on it. It just makes things maybe 5-10% better for me overall.