Anxiety Meds.

cleo

Am going through a really hard time now trying to get on a newer prescription of prednisone after using an expired one. It's making me frighteningly sick and can't stop it because am steroid dependent and need it to live.  Am very sensitive to meds.  Am having unbearable anxiety due to my situation.   My doctor prescribed lorazepam but told me not to take it every day because it is so addictive.  If you're on an anxiety medicine what do you take?

@cleo - I am so sorry you are dealing with that, it must be terrible! I have a prescription for Lorazepam and take it at times, when I get extremely restless or nervous from hyperadrenergic POTS, or even if I just feel anxious. But I do not take it regularly to avoid dependence. I might take it twice a week. It helps me get through those hyper times. I hope you will get some relief from it. 

Thanks Pistol,  Am so stressed and scared. The lorazepam helped me today.  Am so panicked about my prednisone that when feeling horrible can't tell how much is anxiety and how much is reaction.  Am taking 1/4 mg lorazepam and not taking it every day.  The doctor who prescribed it said not to take it more than every other day but said that even taking it every other day can cause dependence in some people. .