Natural Medicine?

Do any of you have any experience with natural beta blocker?  Our Functional Medicine Doc has my hubby on natural beta blocker and blood thinner for afib.  I am not diagnosed with POTS but have so many symptoms for many years.  I will be discussing this with my doc soon and have sent him the POTS information.  

Thank you!

Can you tell us more specifics? What has your doctor prescribed? I have Afib and the difficult thing with natural remedies is that you don’t know how much of the active ingredients you are getting. For preventing or stopping an episode of Afib, this is not as important as it is with anticoagulants as it either prevents or stops the Afib...or it doesn’t. But the primary danger of Afib is stroke and with a natural remedy you don’t know if it is doing the job until it is too late. The seriousness of stroke has me taking one of the new generation anticoagulants (Eliquis) simply because there are many studies on their effectiveness and exactly how many mg are needed.

There are two types of remedies loosely referred to as blood thinners—anti platelets and anticoagulants. For Afib you want an anticoagulant (aspirin, for instance, is an antiplatelet). For preventing or stopping an Afib episode you need to know the properties of the remedy and also it’s effect on BP and HR. It is tricky!