Midodrine and gym workout

lattegirl

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone takes midodrine before working out at the gym?

I have vasovagal presyncope and am having episodes each time I go to the gym.I take midrodine 1.25mg  after the event when I am able to sit up but am wondering whether taking it before gym would stop the episode?

Anyone have any info on this.

Many thanks

5 hours ago, dancer65 said:

Hi

i teach dancing to adults and kids I take 7.5 mg x3 times a day so I time it that I take a dose 1 hour before I start my classes I also load up with electrolytes . This keeps me going for about 2 hours. I have VVS and POTS .

Hi dancer 65,

Wow that's great,  so does it always stop the vvs from happening when you are teaching or can it occur later in the day or next day?

Sorry , I am new to taking medication.

For me the midodrine has enabled me to be upright and gradually to build up exercise and be more active which in turn has helped me get to my Bp more stable. I think I also understand my limitations and I know I cannnot ignore the warning signs , I use to push through those  signs and it never ended well . Midodrine certainly was no quick fix and even now I have regular crashes and have to cut down on my activity, it’s a balancing act I often misjudge . 
however 5 years ago I was not working and unable to do simple tasks , now I work full time and take care of my home ! 
I haven’t fainted in about two years   I know as soon as I feel hot I need to stop,  down a glass of ice cold water and lie down to stop the faint !So I believe it’s a combination of things that help but midodrine was and still is the mayor influence . I hope this makes sense not having a great day , brain fog !! 

You are making perfect sense! 

I'm inspired and hope one day to be where you are, you have come along way ,amazing and well done!

I can only work part time and do try and push thru the warnings! I must learn to heed them!

I Resisted medication for years,  tried fludrocortisone ? Im sure I have written that wrong, which reacted badly so didn't want to try midodrine  until now as episodes were getting frequent.

I am slowly realising it is a combination of electrolytes,  drugs, compression socks , diet etc and it's good to know I'm heading the right way! Thanks so much! 

Happy Christmas!

I was on florinef for a year it only helped a tiny bit even though I was increased to maximum dose , I piled on loads of weight . I started on 2.5 mg of midodrine and noticed improvements within two weeks but as I increased to 7.5 mg I stopped feeling dizzy when upright that was amazing ! 
sounds as though you are doing all the right things and learning to give in to the warning signs is the hardest I think , we are a determined bunch ! Really we just have to be 😀

Happy Christmas to you too x

Thanks!

Wow not being dizzy sounds amazing so pleased for you ! Some people without these conditions have no idea what a big deal a break thru is!! My gym instructor's are the exception they are working over and above to help me have less symptoms they are amazing people!!

You are right we are a determined bunch,  my instructors have already said that of me and that I laugh alot once I am over another bad episode! 🤣 

Takecare x