Intermittent Tachycardia

I first learned about POTS just yesterday.   I have some symptoms for years and others just recently.  For years I have often felt a slight racing of my heart which never brought any concerns from my doc.  
Some things seem to be more pronounced in the last few months, like over heating easily, not being about to intermittent fast, etc.  Twice while standing in the kitchen for some time I felt dizzy and could feel my heart beating wildly in my chest..first time I went to ER.  They could not figure out my issue.  They sent me to a cardiologist,  he found not problems.  My heart rate this time went to 191.  Next day I told my chiropractor about the incident and he knew how to treat it.  He suggested it was an electrolyte issue and suggested that I add Himalayan Pink salt to my water.  This seems to do the trick.  And I felt I really needed that salt.  Then someone convinced me that I was taking to much salt so I stopped.  A couple weeks later while standing for some time in the kitchen, cleaning, I felt that dizziness and my heart pounding.  I measured my heart rate...211 this time.  Calmly I grabbed a glass of water and added the salty...quickly my heart rate dropped to 74.  All this time I have wondered what is going on.  Then yesterday a doc posted information on POTS.  This could be my issue.  I have always had a weaker immune system too.   I eat healthy whole foods for many years, no refined sugar, etc.  No coffee, green tea instead.  I feel rather relieved to see this POTS information.   I feel much better when I drink my pink salt water,  eat more often and move carefully.  I am 70 and very active.  Thank you for having me.  I will watch and learn from you folks.  

Sharon I am challenged by intermittent tachycardia along with other symptoms of dysautonomia. Unfortunately I have no treatment to suggest. My cardiologist was completely stumped. Awaiting further dysautonomia testing and related specialized neurologist consultation which will take estimated 1-2 years to obtain in my metro area! Best wishes to you.