stomach spasms

Before I was diagnosed with POTS and taking any meds, I occasionally had what I can only describe as "stomach palpitations" - it felt like heart palpitations, but they were in my stomack! Not sure if that's what you're feeling.  It had gotten to where I was dizzy and lightheaded day in and day out so it's hard to tell if they coincided with any of those feelings. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

@jeff_jefferson2 - I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing but I get esophageal spasms that at times feel like palpitations. Sometimes I can only describe them as "Hick-ups" in my chest/throat area, definitely different from actual palpitations. 

On 12/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, Delta said:

Before I was diagnosed with POTS and taking any meds, I occasionally had what I can only describe as "stomach palpitations" - it felt like heart palpitations, but they were in my stomack! Not sure if that's what you're feeling.  It had gotten to where I was dizzy and lightheaded day in and day out so it's hard to tell if they coincided with any of those feelings. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

This is an excellent way to explain it. It's like a skipped beat but in my stomach...

On 12/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, Pistol said:

@jeff_jefferson2 - I am not sure if this is what you are experiencing but I get esophageal spasms that at times feel like palpitations. Sometimes I can only describe them as "Hick-ups" in my chest/throat area, definitely different from actual palpitations. 

Did you get any answers as to what it was?

3 hours ago, jeff_jefferson2 said:

Did you get any answers as to what it was?

Yes - they are esophageal spasms from reflux. They do not hurt but feel like palpitations that are not in the heart area.