I think I have high BP now

KiminOrlando

I have had a headache and nausea/vomiting for 3 days. Not all that uncommon for me, but the headache doesn't usually last this long. I just checked my bp and it is elevated. Doctor is closed for the weekend. 128/100. I'm thinking of stopping my salt pills. I take florinef but don't think I should stop or taper it. Anybody had low BP for a long time change to high BP? 

It isn't high enough to go to the ER, is it? My head is hurting bad enough that I have thought about it but I don't know what they could do for me.

@KiminOrlando - I have both high and low BP. 128/100 is not all that high except for the diastolic (100). Vomiting can cause high BP. Could you be dehydrated from the vomiting? Personally I would go to ER for an infusion, that might help the headache and lower your BP ( it does when I am hypertensive ). Headaches can also cause high BP and ongoing headaches are a definite reason to go to ER.  They can determine if your symptoms are from a virus or something else and then treat it. You might be a lot better after an infusion. Good luck!

Yes I am now noticing that problem. My BP’s go higher and I get dizzy, headache, have a pressure feeling. If this doesn’t let up I would go in and get checked. I watch mine kind of for that reason just to make sure it’s coming down and not consistently rising or getting too high. I can often tell when it is up now and people tell me some elevation with activity is normal. This is a whole new experience for me.