Do adrenaline crashes make you feel depressed?

outofadream

I’m wondering if anyone else can relate to this experience. When I overdo it or if the POTS gets triggered in a bad way, I’ll often crash afterwards and get about the symptoms you’d expect… fatigue or weakness, worse brain fog, sometimes vertigo/lightheadedness, etc.
But it sometimes also seems to make me feel very grey or low emotionally too. Or it’ll make me cry, even if I don’t feel sad per se. In a bad crash, it’s literally like someone has sucked all the joy and hope out of life altogether, and it’s a very hard experience to get through.
I'm pretty sure it's not just a reaction to feeling bad either; the emotional crash can be terrible even if the physical symptoms aren't as severe and vice versa.
I’ve always assumed the feeling is somehow related to the high levels adrenaline dropping off, because it ALWAYS follows either physical exertion or the bad attacks where my body is really fighting to hold off a faint. On the bad days, it’ll happen multiple times throughout the day, always within a few minutes of being up and walking around.
If any of you can relate to this…has anything helped you prevent either the crashes or deal with that emotional aspect that comes with them? It’s extremely hard to keep feeling this way so often.

@outofadream I know that when I get bad and my BP and HR soar in all directions I also get very anxious and feel extremely vulnerable. I have gotten so bad that I called ALL of my docs asking for them to respond IMMEDIATELY b/c I had a surge. People who have not ever experienced this will not be able to relate or understand - but it truly is a scary state-of-being. And yes - the aftermath of this makes me often feel like there is not ever going to be a way out. ( There is though - it passes every time!!! 😉

I’m not sure there is a way to avoid the feelings since it is probably a chemical impact to our brain. I may be off here but I think we need stronger support here of friends who understand and can encourage us through the tough times and cheer us on through a more personal chat line where whenever you feel off you can leave a message to the group chat and get a quick response. This group is a bit more formal which is understandable. I desire close friends who I can talk to either through text or phone. 

• 2 years later...

I know this post is very old, but if you see this, thank you guys for weighing in. It meant a lot to know I’m not the only one going through the emotional aspect of the crashes, although I’m so sorry some of you experience it too. I hear you on needing more people to be there and to truly empathize and understand. I’m so sorry you were feeling that pain too; I know how much it can hurt. In case you do see this, sending a lot of gentle support and care to you. I truly believe you all deserve that care and people to genuinely listen, so much, and for what it’s worth, I hear you.