chronic kidney disease

gertie

Has anyone developed CKD?  I don't think Dysautonomia causes it but my blood test now show CKD.   I've never drank alcohol, no sodas, coffee, eat low protein, no medication abuse.  I'm just curious if any of you have experienced this?  Doctor did mention it might be caused from BP going from high to so low it causes fainting.  thanks.

34 minutes ago, gertie said:

Has anyone developed CKD?  I don't think Dysautonomia causes it but my blood test now show CKD.   I've never drank alcohol, no sodas, coffee, eat low protein, no medication abuse.  I'm just curious if any of you have experienced this?  Doctor did mention it might be caused from BP going from high to so low it causes fainting.  thanks.

What showed on your blood tests that suggested it was kidney failure? Just being curious here

I have stage 3 CKD, eGFR 48-50. I’ve had it for 13 years. I’ve repeatedly asked my docs at Vandy and my nephrologist and they says POTS “will not cause” CKD.  I think that there is correlation between the vascular issues with POTS, as well as migraine and CKD, but not causation. Meds can cause kidney function decline, as well as high BP, and low BP “kidney insult,” but it has to be really low as can happen with acute kidney injury. Chronic dehydration can hit the kidneys too. NSAIDs will definitely cause CKD. Get your labs from as far back as you can, and keep track of them. The trend over time is more important than single values. Serum Creatinine is an indirect marker of kidney function via muscle mass, BUN (blood urea nitrogen) is more of a protein intake marker, but will be elevated with dehydration. Protein in your urine can have multiple causes as well.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, gertie said:

All I know (I think) is my bun &  creatinine was high & my EGFRAA & EGFRNAA was low.  All still confusing.  Those numbers have

been changing for last 3 years.  Kidney function getting less each year.  

Exact same issue I'm going through right now. I've been having constant inflammation and infections. I went to a nephrologist. My protein is at 30 and I have very high creatinine at the upper limit. My urine creatinine. He told me my blood creatinine is okay my urine creatinine is very high. He told me I need to see a GI doctor about my liver. He said all the creatinine coming out in my urine means my kidneys are doing their job removing the creatinine. There should not be that much creatinine in the urine, and that comes from the liver. The liver is supposed to keep it in your body. I went to a GI doctor all of my liver enzymes were perfect. Except one that said I might have fatty liver possible Nash. Nash has the chronic inflammation of the liver which would be a chronic condition that could cause pots. And pots symptoms of low blood pressure irregular heart rate circulatory problems. I had a fibroscan done at a hepatologist office. I have over 67% fatty liver, and Nash. Many times if you have a liver problem it affects your kidneys, I kept insisting I had a kidney problem it's coming from the liver. Now I just recently found out my gallbladder is not working at all when I had a HIDA scan test done. So I have some severe medical issues going on that are either making my pots symptoms worse or caused my pots. But if you have a lot of creatinine in your urine and your blood creatinine is okay you need to look into your liver. Your liver could be causing problems with your kidneys.