SSDI has been denied. First application

I dont have the letter yet but i checked the status on ssa.gov. a decision was made yesterday. I already have a lawyer and im going to call him tomorrow when my wife is here because my memory is crap.  Dont you have to be denied twice before it reaches the hearing level?

Anyways just giving an update. What an annoyance. They had all the evidence they needed. What a corrupt world. Appeal time.

3 hours ago, KiminOrlando said:

Yes, you have to lose the appeal too before going to a hearing. Sorry this happened. Glad you got an attorney. I had to win in court and it took 4 1/2 years. I also have multiple autoimmune diseases. 

Insane. This probably makes people homeless. The ones who are truly sick. Im glad you finally got what was already yours and you were able to maintain yourself.

24 minutes ago, Derek1987 said:

Insane. This probably makes people homeless. The ones who are truly sick. Im glad you finally got what was already yours and you were able to maintain yourself.

I'm sorry you got denied and hope you get the right judgement. I know your story and you truly deserve disability Derek.

@Derek1987 don’t worry, this is common. It happened to me too - despite my employer telling me that I was not safe to work. I have a friend who is a disabled veteran with a metal rod in his spine, ptsd and he has a service dog, yet SSDI turned him down. Despite him being fully disabled per the VA. So - just keep on trucking,,,,

14 hours ago, Clb75 said:

There is a time limit on the appeal so make sure you contact your attorney as soon as you can. It’s definitely a process, hang in there.

Contacting tomorrow morning. My wife was gone all day today. Officially got the letter in the mail today. I need my wife around for the phone conversation because i have trouble remembering things. 

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Derek1987 don’t worry, this is common. It happened to me too - despite my employer telling me that I was not safe to work. I have a friend who is a disabled veteran with a metal rod in his spine, ptsd and he has a service dog, yet SSDI turned him down. Despite him being fully disabled per the VA. So - just keep on trucking,,,,

Did he finally get it? My wife told me a story of someone she knew who had a serious illness. By the time they got approved and got the approval letter, the person was dead. 

Like i said in my previous post, im calling my lawyer tomorrow. Got the denial letter in the mail today. 

5 hours ago, Derek1987 said:

Did he finally get it? My wife told me a story of someone she knew who had a serious illness. By the time they got approved and got the approval letter, the person was dead. 

I think that's their job actually (denying people). Its sad.