Anyone try sequential compression pumps?

One of my doctors recommended this in desperation for something to increase my BP. I didn't think it'd help much, but I got a Circuflow 5150 and I definitely feel better when it's running, and maybe some time after. It increases my BP about 10 points, just by inflating and squeezing blood up my leg. Mine only came with one leg sleeve and they are quite expensive, so I am on the lookout for a deal on a second one. It comes halfway up my thigh. For now, I'm doing an hour on each leg while I read before bed. It's tough to do much of anything while it's running, but it feels good.

I know of these from working in the hospital. We used to use them on patients high-risk for blood clots. IMO not a realistic option since they only give relief while applied - meaning you would have to be in bed while using them. Better to just move your legs - even if bedridden. We can get our blood flowing equally by simply exercising our leg muscles while in bed - but better yet if we do it while upright.  

I did get a similar one of these covered by insurance because one of my legs, actually my entire lower right quadrant, is way bigger than the other side and after more than six years, nobody knows why. It does get plenty of medical attention though. So I kind of had it foisted on me but ok. Anyways, I rarely use it because it doesn't do anything to decrease the edema, at least not for long. However, the point they made in giving it to me and it's a good one is with all blood pooling or edema for whatever cause, the lymph system becomes involved and even though it seems I don't have lymphedema, these pump systems help keep the lymph system from becoming too disrupted.

I don't even know if what I wrote makes sense 😕  But it helps your lymph system even if it doesn't permanently help the blood pooling or permanently raise your BP.