Crochet and yarn work.

Scout

Wondering who else on the forum enjoys crochet, or other yarn work? 

I am a crochet beginner, and really enjoying it. Working on some basic patterns just to practice my stitches, but it's so much fun. A nice way to "switch off". 

Any tips, most welcome!

Also, I love that there are so many good tutorials on YouTube. 

Hi @Scout - I don't crochet but I do knit. I used to knit sweaters, scarfs, socks … now I usually don't have the energy for it. You know that you can crochet purses and handbags tht are really pretty and not hard to make? See if you can find directions online. Enjoy your new hobby!!!!!!  

• 1 year later...

@Scout - last year I started to knit again. I ordered a big bag of different colored cotton yarn and made sets of place settings for christmas presents. They came out sooo good! And I could make them so they fit in the color schemes of peoples kitchens. I included dish rags and pot holders too. You can easily crochet these too - maybe a good project for next Christmas? 

Once I got back into knitting I loved it so much that I did not stop at place settings - I made scarfs, shawls, sweaters and cardigans -- and pillow cases!!!!! 

I love to crochet! I have been crocheting for like 3 years.  I would recommend with starting out with single crochet and working up from there. I like a g or h sized hook. I find all my free patterns on pinterest or spruce crafts. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. 

Here is a link to some good beginner patterns: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/free-crochet-patterns-for-beginners-978084

• 2 months later...