skin buzzing

Yhoun

Does anyone recognize this sensation?: Within the past month, I've started to feel random buzzing sensations in different parts of my body, most often in my feet and legs, but sometimes in other places, too,. It doesn't feel exactly like the tingling I sometimes get in my feet and legs. It's more like someone is taking a tiny electric buzzer and holding it against my skin. It's very strange.

I mentioned this to my PCP, but she had never heard of anything like it. (I haven't yet asked my cardiologist, who manages my POTS, as I wasn't sure it was POTS related.) When I try to google it, I get MS forums, but I've had two clear 2 MRIs over 6 years, so I thought that made MS pretty unlikely. I had a skin biopsy a couple of years ago that was normal, which I thought ruled out SFN. Any ideas? It's not debilitating, but it's annoying and sometimes a bit worrying, since I don't know what's causing it.

Hi, @Yhoun,

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I've had buzzing sensations where it felt as if there were a phone vibrating in my stomack!  A while back, I even felt buzzing in my head.  And I have felt it in my legs/feet.  These greatly improved (knock wood!!) after I was diagnosed and started on meds.  I'm guessing it's POTS-related.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I’ve been progressively exercising more with the CHOP protocol, and I also stopped breastfeeding very recently, so I wonder whether is was my body responding weirdly to one/both of those changes. It’s a relief to have some company in these symptoms, at least. I’ll  keep an eye on it and hope it goes away...

@Yhoun Have you had your Vitamin B12 checked recently? A deficiency can cause nerve pain, which may be the buzzing feeling you’re describing. I used to get numbness, pins/needles and “ice cold” feelings inside parts of my body... I didn’t respond to supplements so I get biweekly injections. 

Best wishes to you!