Palpitations with eating

Only every time I eat! It's especially bad if I eat a lot (especially a lot of carbs), which I believe is probably postprandial hypotension. I also get it sometimes just from just a small amount of food, which I think is probably MCAS related. 

@potsiebarbie - yes, I do. I even pass out if I eat a big meal, so I avoid them. I was told the palpitations and BP changes after eating is caused by sympathetic stimulation. Normally the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in for digestion but since all of the blood goes to the abdomen after eating to aide in digestion sometimes the sympathetic NS reacts to that to make up for the "blood loss" and we get tachycardia, palpitations, BP changes etc. In my case beta blockers took care of the palpitations and I eat 6 small meals a day, that helped me. 

Yes!!!  I notice this more after a huge meal or after a lot of carbs but at work I eat the same things for lunch every day and I can go for days without this happening and then I might have this happen 3-4 days in a row.  I find that standing up helps when the palpitations are extremely bad (I have PACs and PVCs) and I do notice that standing up after eating makes me VERY lightheaded so I have to be extra careful at work after my lunch (and pop extra salt).  I also notice that when this is really bad, I'm generally having other symptoms as well (I have daily symptoms but there are just clusters of days where it is impossible to function and then other days where I can pretty much "fake it" and get through the day).  I eat small meals/snacks because I have reactive hypoglycemia.  I noticed that even before I had my heart and POTS issues, I used to have a blood pressure issue after eating.  If I ate a normal meal in a restaurant, I would be FREEZING by the time I left, goose bumps and everything, sometimes even shaking - like all the blood is pooling at my stomach to aid in digestion.  I recently saw a new cardiologist and mentioned this to him as well and he said that "certain foods affect the electrical system of the heart" but he didn't go into details.  I made a mental note to try to research this but haven't yet.  I'm also curious as to what sets off others.