Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichGotsPots

Infection increasing your Tachycardia Poll?

Infection increasing your Tachycardia?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Over the decade I have had Dysautonomias I have always had at least a 30 beats increase in my heart rate and I have never once seen a study about it.  I have Sjogren’s Syndrome but it is believed I also have Mitochondrial Disease. Around 38% of Mito patients have an autoimmune disease so it is not that uncommon and over 60% have dysautonomia. If you look at MitoAction website they doctors talk how their Mito Patients react to infections and their dysautonomia symptoms. It is common for Mito Patients to have a Systematic Inflammatory Response to infections where their heart rate and blood pressure either increase or decrease. Also they talk about how dysautonomia impairs being able to get an accurate body temperature. I almost never have a high temperature even with my worst proven infections.

So this explains why my heart rate has been really high even while laying down. I have white patches on the back of my throat(bacteria) and have had fever for the past few days.

Another thing that is not talked about as much as it should be is baseline temperature readings in various dysautonomias especially with autonomic neuropathy. I believe many of us have lower baseline temperatures and we do not present with high fevers when we should and infection diagnosis is being delayed.  At least that happens with me and I have seen it discussed in other illnesses where they have dysautonomia.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, RecipeForDisaster said:

Absolutely. My temp is 97.2 or even lower at baseline, and I feel extremely feverish and flushed at 99. But it's always dismissed as "normal" when I'm sick. Then how is 97.2 normal?

You mean 99 is being dismissed as normal?