Help with stomach tests

For those of you who’ve been in before for an endoscopy, esophageal manometry, and/or ph probe test…any tips, advice, or even just reassurance for getting through these?

I’ve been out of my mind nervous. The POTS has been fairly unpredictable lately, so I have no idea how it will react to the sedation or anything else that might cause vasovagal reactions/bp or hr weirdness 😕 Not to mention I’ve heard some of these can be pretty unpleasant and challenging to get through…

@outofadream - I had several EGD's and Colonoscopies and did mostly well. Since I have a history of reacting bad to anesthesia they put me in recovery afterwards to make sure I stay OK ( in the past I had seizures upon waking up, so it is a precaution ). They also give me Versed before ( not usually used ), which makes you sleepy and relaxed so that the anxiety and overstimulation is not an issue. This has really helped and my last 3 EGD's and Colonoscopy went over without any difficulties and I did great afterwards. The procedures are really short, so sedation is in your system only a brief time and recovery is usually quick. I hope that all will be normal - be brave!!!!

I had a Colonoscopy, endoscope, 3 Cystoscopys, this year, and Just had part of my colon removed and resectioned, growth from my bladder removed, umbilical hernia repair, appendix removed, on June 27th. 1st time sedated for the Colonoscopy with POTS I was worried. I thought my heart was going to stop when they put me to sleep. I've had several General anesthetics all of the surgeries, and made it through just fine.

I've been knocked out five or six times by doctors in the last four years since my symptoms began. I've never had a problem. Scoping is quick, your biggest worry is that if they are running late you may not be eating until late afternoon but that can happen.