Good thoughts, please... possible clot

I've been having awful pleuritic chest pain that radiates (can be worse than the original pain - neck, shoulder, arm)for ten days now. I do have clotting disorders... can only take 1/4 breath but it hurts to breathe out, too. One doctor totally ignored it (rheumatologist) and the other I saw ordered plain X rays and a few labs. They didn't show anything except that my sed rate is 15 points more than it ever has been. Those results don't rule out much of anything except pneumonia. The PA I saw was supposed to ask my PCP about other labs, and they never got back to me or checked in. The sed rate is only on the high end of the range now, not over. My heartbeat actually hurts! Leaning, yawning, etc. have made me literally cry... so painful. A few nights I didn't sleep for one minute. Tylenol hasn't helped, nor has heat, but I can't handle much BP wise. Lidocaine patches did nothing but TENs helped where I am allowed to put it on (not neck or chest which is the worst of it). I'm allergic to NSAIDs :(

The pain is bumping my BP up, and haven't seen it below 80 systolic- yay? :)

I was supposed to see one of my cardiologists today anyway... my hematologist ordered a CT/pulmonary angiography after that is over. I'm a bit afraid of the contrast and really hope they'll let me use the IV for my own fluids after. I can't eat or drink for 4 hours prior anyway.

I'm praying I won't have to be admitted for whatever this is. I'm afraid of getting substandard care... because I have been as an outpatient, completely falling through the cracks. I've done Lovenox shots before... I also hope I don't need lifelong anticoagulation when I am constantly falling and getting hurt! I'm covered in big bruises even though it takes a lot for me to bruise. I would really appreciate your thoughts being with me today! I was already so sick before this. I sure hope they don't expect me to live with this discomfort even if it's not something bad - it's torture!

Did you see your bloodwork? I think elevated D-dimer is a symptom of blood clots. I was in the ER one time and my D-dimer was elevated and they did a ton of imagining because my O2 was a little low. They didn't find anything. 

I hope they find out what is happening with you and that you don't have to be on blood thinners. Please keep us posted.

Dear @RecipeForDisaster - I am glad that your hematologist ordered a CT scan. I hope it is not too long out? I can only tell you that if you think it could be a blood clot you should go to the ER - they can determine right there and then if this is serious and you would know. If your pain is bad enough to increase your BP that is another reason to legitimately be seen in the ER. My PCP sends me to the ER from his office for symptoms less than what you are describing - please get help!!!!

Right, I'm in the cardiologist's office right now. Much better to see my own physicians and get testing ordered. Lots of doctors don't understand my clotting issues, let alone the other stuff. I can't believe the other doctors left me hanging all this time. I was at a major hospital on Thursday! My oxygen levels are fine but that doesn't rule anything else. I'm taking a ton of little shallow breaths, which must be keeping it up.

The X ray was just to rule out other stuff. I'm getting contrast with my angiography today. They didn't think to run a D dimer on Thursday with my other labs?!