Jump to content



Recommended Posts

My 19yr old has hEDS, POTS and MCAS. She also has gastrointenstinal stuff going on and had an autonomic seizure a few nights ago (first one) lasting an hour. She has an excellent GP and specialist physio, but really needs some specialized intervention. Can anyone in or outside Australia recommend how we find specialists who have knowledge of these conditons? It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm sorry to hear your daughter is ill.  Our physician database has the information for 2 specialists in Australia.  We are working on adding more international listings.  In the meantime,  we have one in Melbourne and one in Heidelberg.  I don't know the distance or how far you can travel, but if they are too far away, you can call and ask for a referral to someone in your area.  Specialists treating rare disorders like dysautonomia usually know other specialists.  Here is their information:

Dr. Murray Esler
75 Commercial Road,
61  (0)3 8532 1111

Dr Chris O'Callaghan
455 Lower Heidelber Rd,
61 (0)3 9459 2699
There was no email included in the listing.

Good luck with finding a doctor and I hope your daughter finds treatment and relief soon.  For future reference, the Find a Physician database can be found at https://www.dinet.org/physicians/   


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...