Free Light Chains

Went to the Oncologist today for my IV biologic that I take for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. He went over my blood work. My Free Light Chains were already elevated, but they have now doubled. The ratio is still ok, but he doesn't like it. Also my IgG is way elevated. He wants to do a bone marrow biopsy because he believes something isn't right, more than my RA. I had a lymph node biopsy of my right axillary lymph node in March of last year due to enlargement and pain. It came back clear, so by exclusion, they diagnosed me with lymphadenopathy. Now they are second guessing that.

Anybody having these problems too? They still play around with my diagnosis. It is 'some type of dysautonomia'. It has been Pure Autonomic Failure, then not. Then they suspected EDS3, still not sure. Also suspect TTR Amyloidosis, but can't find proof. Honestly, they wouldn't be surprised to find out that I have some type of autoimmune dysautonomia that doesn't have a name yet. 

The meds I am on for RA suppress my immune system, so cancer has also been suspected to a degree. These types of blood test results always start a small panic.

Does anybody else have high Free Light Chain numbers but ok ratios? What is your diagnosis? Do you also have elevated IgG?

Frustrated and tired of being everybody's lab rat. Trying to remember to be grateful people are doing their best to help me. Not everyone is as lucky. It took years to get someone to take me seriously. 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Tested by first hematologist: 
gamma globulin 0.7 LOW
Kappa 154 LOW
Lambda 84 LOW 

I don't know what it means, nobody has explained this. But I've been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer (ET). But there is some connection with the POTS and my immune system. I have a telemed appointment this week with a world renowned mpn expert, thanks for reminding me, I will ask her about this! My IgG is low too. We have like the opposite but still hyper POTS and I have terrible IC / embedded UTI, OCD, and chronic cancer. We need to solve this guys, my quality of life sucks. I feel drugged all the time now too b/c the docs just put me on crap downers to sleep and ALL stimulants, including caffeine make me sleepy and I fall asleep. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:56 AM, KiminOrlando said:

I'm hearing that the COVID-19 antibody test is looking for a positive IgG. Since many of us are IgG positive way before there was a COVID-19, how can they tell with us? Is there more to it? 

The IgG the covid test, or any antibody test for that matter, is looking for IgG specifically directed against an antigen,  sites on the coronavirus causing COVID in this case. This is only fraction of one's total IgG, which will consist of individual antibodies directed against thousands, and possibly millions of targets. I'm not sure what you mean by IgG positive? 

No, it was poorly worded. It is good to know they can sort stuff like that out instead of just looking at an elevation and assuming. I have a ground glass pattern in my lungs from RA, plus IgG elevation made me concerned that was enough to make a diagnosis since these test seem to be somewhat unreliable.