Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FileTrekker

Weird few days - any advice?

I felt like I'd been doing better recently. I had a tooth extracted about 4 weeks ago and since then my PVC's had steadily started to calm down, and even despite being made redundant my other POTS symptoms have stayed roughly as usual although I have been feeling dizzier than usual and getting pins and needles / cold hands etc. when sitting down.

Then the night before last I literally didn't sleep all night. Whenever I felt I was about to drift off to sleep it was almost as if I was passing out - weird I know - but then a sudden jolt of adrenaline and being woken right up.  The tinnitus was worse than usual too. This went on literally all night. I didn't sleep at all.

During the daytime I felt very queasy but not as tired as I'd have expected. Come bed time last night, I wasn't quite as bad, but I made a point to drink more water that day. I didn't feel the fainting sensation but regular adrenaline surges regardless and the PVCs were bothering me. In the end I had that much adrenaline I had to vomit. After that I fell asleep and slept right through.

I am just worried this is going to be my new 'norm' - so far sleep has been my only sanctuary. To loose that too would be beyond miserable.

Some day they'll figure this out and we will look back and say I told you so. I have to wonder what environmental factors trigger or ameliorate the condition and then why? I've had some sleep issues. Mine now are that I wake up 3am and if I fall asleep an hour later and up at 5 or 6 I feel worse than had I stayed up. I've had the up and down nights too. It's been a very long time since I got 8 straight. 

I spent the first 18 months of this illness with terrible insomnia.  If I could fall asleep I woke up after 4 hours and that was it.  I never sent so many emails at 4 am in my life.  It was a very, very miserable time.  I finally saw a a second neurologist who specializes in ANS dysfunction and he said sleeping through the night would make everything better which I found to be true.  Are you on an alpha blocker?  Have you been checked for hyper pots?  Once I started an alpha blocker, along with mitrazapine, I started sleeping better.  Not great but better.  3 years later I still have lousy nights about once or twice a week but overall it’s better.

1 hour ago, p8d said:

I spent the first 18 months of this illness with terrible insomnia.  If I could fall asleep I woke up after 4 hours and that was it.  I never sent so many emails at 4 am in my life.  It was a very, very miserable time.  I finally saw a a second neurologist who specializes in ANS dysfunction and he said sleeping through the night would make everything better which I found to be true.  Are you on an alpha blocker?  Have you been checked for hyper pots?  Once I started an alpha blocker, along with mitrazapine, I started sleeping better.  Not great but better.  3 years later I still have lousy nights about once or twice a week but overall it’s better.

That's where I am. I can fall asleep just fine and dandy, just don't stay asleep. 

This is more I could not get to sleep at all. Today I’m feeling nauseated and faint at times and I have the chills too.

1 hour ago, FileTrekker said:

This is more I could not get to sleep at all. Today I’m feeling nauseated and faint at times and I have the chills too.

I hear you bro. This illness sucks. I think I found a new trigger. The smell of onions. I am flushed, nauseated, shaky, and just fill so sick, along with my head feeling like it's floating. Just from a smell. My sleep isn't great. I have to take Xanax to help me sleep and I still don't sleep well. My wife is also disabled and she is down and out right now. I gotta go pick up my stepdaughter from school. Lord help us all.