Hello

Hello to all of you!

My name is Hannah, but I like to use Handtalk as my online name. Handtalk stems from my knowledge and use of American Sign Language. (My hands 'talk'.)

I recognize many of your names from www.NDRF.org, where I originally started, but my parents have banned from NDRF. Thus, I have come here.

I just got back from meeting with Dr. Fealey at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. For the first time in six years, I have a diagnosis other than I am insane, which has been the opinion of many a doctor throughout my struggles with my diseases. Rather, I have three concrete diagnoses which came from my visit to Mayo Clinic. The first is POTS. Now, my POTS is primarily- and barely- under control with a simple beta-blocker. For this I am glad. My second diagnosis was a bit more of a surprise: PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). Though nothing is physically wrong with my reproductive organs, my testosterone levels are sky-high, a syndrome which was first diagnosed in women with poly-cystic ovaries. The name stuck, but the name does not necessarily mean what it states. Thirdly, I have dysmetabolic syndrome, a syndrome in which I cannot use insulin properly- almost like diabetes. Instead of using glucose or making sugar-complexes (fat) from the glucose, my insulin is unable to do anything with the glucose, so my blood sugar levels are usually high, despite feelings to the contrary.

I must go for now.

Yours truly,

Handtalk

Welcome to our forum...I do recognize your screen name from years past on the NDRF forum.

I hope you will find support and info here-Nina

Welcome to the family Hannah! Glad you found us!

I'm happy to hear that Dr. Fealey was able to give you some solid diagnoses from which you can now make a new plan of action. I was just out at Mayo this past April to see Dr. Low (which was very helpful for me, too); Dr. Fealey conducted my sweat test.

Hope you can find encouragement and helpful information on our little forum!

Welcome again!

Angela

hi hannah-

welcome! i like your screenname:-) sorry you have reason to be here, but glad you found the forum. it's full of good info & great people to go along with it. i'm 25 with Autonomic Neuropathy, OI/POTS, & NCS with other accompanying fun diagnoses - related & non-related - as well. i used to post on NDRF (as sunshine) and still pop in occassionally but don't think we've crossed paths there. glad to hear that you had a productive time at mayo. i know that for me having answers is always better than not knowing.

again, welcome!

:-)melissa