Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
masha

POTS Treatment Center - Has anyone heard of this?

Hello, my daughter found this "POTS Treatment Center" when she was doing a very quick google search for Neurologists who deal with POTS. It's located in Dallas, Texas, and they have a special program that they claim will help with POTS treatment and management. I haven't yet come across this during ALL of my extensive research... has anyone come across this before or have experience at the Center?

Here's a link to the website: http://www.potstreatmentcenter.com/?matchtype=p&keyword=pots treatment center&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv6rTgcSC4gIVhLlkCh3RhAVDEAAYASAAEgJ9GPD_BwE

Thank you,

Masha

Hi Masha,

I know it sounds great but I would be very wary of their claims. I have not personally been there but have read a lot of experiences from those who have. 

Basically it is all just biofeedback, meditation, exercise & they also recommend some supplements including licorice root. 

I'm not saying none of those things can be helpful, especially the latter which gave me a life back for about a year, something no drug has, just that it doesn't warrant the expense or the travel involved to access the package. 

The bio device they recommend is heartmath, which you can purchase yourself online with full instructions. Also, given the dramatic and instantaneous result I had with licorice root, which expands plasma volume (short term), someone could go there and think the whole thing miraculous when really it is just these inexpensive little capsules alone (the brand I used was Swanson).

Best wishes,

B xxx

Thank you so much for your input.  I am going to look into licorice root, as well as heartmath.  I guess we are always looking for that magic fix!  

I know, it would be lovely if one thing could fix everyone! Certainly there is nothing going on at the Pots Treatment Center that you cannot get at home much cheaper. 

B xxx