Not eating all day

I know anyone feels sick not eating all day but does anyone else feel like on deaths door when they go 6 or more hours?  I had some pretzels but I need a meal . My moms bringing food now and im just hoping I  feel better once I eat . symptoms are confusion weakness,anxiety , why would POTS cause these symptoms from not eating ? BS is 108 so not low either . 

@gossamer4448 - not eating for extended periods of time will cause all of those symptoms. without food you do not have energy, your cells do not get the nutrition they need and eventually they die. Metabolic adjustments and actions dealing with breaking down stored fat into energy will add to that. If you are not able to eat - have you tried liquid nutrition such as Ensure of instant breakfast? .  They are easy to digest and provide at least basic nutrition and protein. 

I can go all day without eating if I am on a low carb high fat diet (not necessarily ketogenic).  Less than 100 grams of carbs per day is good for me.  Yes, I get hungry, but I do not get weak, lightheaded, cranky, & such.  If your body is adapted to a low carb high fat diet, it turns on the genes for fat burning, which means you can use your own stored body fat for fuel if needed.

I too have really disliked eating since developing POTS. Prior to that I loved my food although I was never overweight. Since becoming ill I would happily not eat and just drink fluids all day, but I force it down in order to maintain nutrition. Protein shakes are really helpful, an easy way of getting in some of your daily load. 

For me there are no correlations with type of food, only that small portions are easier. I was tested for coeliac - negative. My glucose has always been normal too even when I've fainted in hospital, so it isn't that either.

B xxx

I have GI symptoms and sometimes I just don't feel like eating, but then I get hungry and have to. Food is no joy anymore. Whatever is going on with me ruined it. 

One of the symptoms I got was losing my sense of hunger, I did an experiment last year, went 42 hours without even eating as much as a peanut, still didn't feel hungry.

This is handy as I cannot eat at all until its the end of my day as eating makes all my symptoms so much worst, its as if digesting food uses up the very little energy I have, so my balance gets bad, my speech becomes slurred.

Yesterday, I did a lot of things for all day, and as a result was feeling really quite bad, as somebody had suggested not eating was maybe causing my syptoms due to low blood sugar, I got a kit, measured it yesterday after not eating for 24 hours, and working all day, and my blood sugar was still at 5.5