Does anyone else have tinnitus in their ear or ears?

Does anyone else getting tinnitus in one or both ears on and off randomly? 

I get it a lot, mainly when it's quiet to semi-quiet. I've had it since September 2018 in my left ear. It doesn't bother me much, other than the noise. I was diagnosed with IIH (Idiopathic Intracranial hypertension) but I'm currently in remission (for 5 years now) and I have POTS.

If you do have it, do you have any tips on how to drain out the ringing?  

I've had it for years in my left ear mostly. It's from playing drums in a band. I will say that my hearing has gotten a lot worse in that ear since I've come down with POTS. I have to wonder if something inflammatory is going on. 

@fox in a box Hello! Yes I have had tinnitus in both my ears for many years - it is constant. Just recently within the last couple years I’ve developed bilateral pulsatile tinnitus as well but this one comes and goes. My primary doc tried a couple different meds that did absolutely nothing... I haven’t kept up with trying to find a cause/treatment just because I’ve had other symptoms take priority. 

As for tips, in the beginning I was able to drown the ringing out with some music or having a small fan by my nightstand. It doesn’t work anymore but I would suggest starting there!

Yes! I saw a audiologist and I have significant hearing loss that is abnormal for my age so I had to have a brain MRI. They didnt find anything related to the hearing but they did fine a pituitary gland growth. I'm having a more detailed MRI today to get a better look at the growth. Do you have a kidney issue? I have renal magnesium wasting and the audiologist said the kidneys are directly related to the ears. 

20 hours ago, KiminOrlando said:

I've had it for years. It bothers me most when it is 'quiet'.

Pretty much. Then I want to turn it off. You'd think they'd find a treatment by now. I guess there's no money in it.