Teenager trying mestinon

beala

Has anyones teenager tried mestinon? Our sons Dr. wants him to take 60 mg in am and 60 at noon but he has school lunch at 10:30 which seems to early to take it again after eating breakfast at 7:30. We are wondering if he can take his second dose when he get home from school at 3:00.

Any ideas

Hi Beala,

I haven't heard from too many people taking mestinon. Have you asked your son's doctor if it is ok to take at the time periods you mentioned? He might have some more ideas on dosing that would work better with your son's schedule.

You might also want to post your question at the NDRF forum:

http://www.ndrf.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

The Dysautonomia Youth Network is a good resource for kids. If you haven't contacted them already, their website is: www.dynakids.org

I wish you the best,

Michelle

Me either Michelle, I've not heard of too many folks taking it either...and those who I know of either have Pure Autonomic Failure or a Shy-Drager Dx... (i.e. Christy on NDRF). Anyone here taking it?

Nina

Thanks everyone- I am waiting to hear back form Dr. It has been very frustrating to see our son be so sick with no real help so far, so we would really like to try mestinon. I will let you know how it goes. I couldn't do it without these websites> THANKS

Guest Julia

My PCP doctor suggested that I try mestinon for my slow bowel motility. It's quite the drug from what I have read. Not sure if I need the full affects of it though---other then the treatment of constipation. I'm looking for other avenue's first.

Julie :0)