Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FileTrekker

POTS 'Pill In The Pocket'

Video today by Sanjay Gupta caught my attention;

I have a business trip in a few weeks and I am dreading it.

Has anyone tried this and does it help / work for you?

Wow, a doctor, on youtube, that gets it. Thing is, one has to be careful using it as you shouldn't use it every day. At least that's what I gleaned from this. 

We were at Sanjay  seminar at York this weekend for the second year , spoke about this with him , I have just made an appointment with my Dr as my son is getting married soon and I want to enjoy the day and not have to leave early. I would like to give a trial run though first ! 

Jiml yes he is a super Dr totally gets it, his college who also spoke,  a gastrenologist also has an understanding of POTS.

36 minutes ago, dancer65 said:

We were at Sanjay  seminar at York this weekend for the second year , spoke about this with him , I have just made an appointment with my Dr as my son is getting married soon and I want to enjoy the day and not have to leave early. I would like to give a trial run though first ! 

Jiml yes he is a super Dr totally gets it, his college who also spoke,  a gastrenologist also has an understanding of POTS.

Do you know the GI guy's name?

Simon Smalle he has done some videos on u tube about vagus nerve heart connection and IBS 

2 hours ago, dancer65 said:

Simon Smalle he has done some videos on u tube about vagus nerve heart connection and IBS 

Couldn't find him. 

This is super interesting.  I will keep an eye one this because my symptoms have seemed to settle out and I just have occasional bad days.  Something to think about- thanks for sharing!!

I'll have a couple good days and boom. It seems to be related to if I am up more and even seated, like having to drive to multiple appoints. Certain foods seem to be problematic and I just looked at my food tracker and it seems, anecdotally, that if my salt intake drops, that's when I have problems. By drop, I mean under 4000mg a day. I usually average 4500 or so. I also tend to feel better after taking my vitamins, but that could be all in my head. 

2 hours ago, JimL said:

Couldn't find him. 

Try More than just medicine on u tube 

7 hours ago, dancer65 said:

Try More than just medicine on u tube 

I did. Just a musician

I see this doctor only doc that seem to cared so far I will ask about this tablet for the other forum members I am going to try fludrocortine … or menstion terrible spelling sorry . Which would u all recommend I also have terrible meds tolerance which don't help the matters 🤐😥

It depends on your individual presentation what is the best fit, but from my own experience fludrocortisone caused horrible side effects (headaches, palpitations, even worse vasoconstriction and high BP, increased chest pain and non-psychogenic sense of anxiety) on paper though it looks ideal for me as I produce no aldosterone.

Mestinon - no side effects at all, even helped my constipation, but I have other prescription laxatives for that & it didn't help my OI any. 

Desmopressin - no noticeable side effects at all but lowered blood sodium. No positive effects on OI but does help polyuria & I use it occasionally to get an unbroken night's sleep.

B xxx