Weird feeling...

potsiebarbie

3 hours ago, FileTrekker said:

Hmm. Yeah. Not 100% sure but I do get that. Almost like I've suddenly become very self aware of my breathing / heart and feel like I have to take over my own breathing or feel like I'm not breathing or something. Its hard to calm down after that and just let my breathing work on its own. I find myself concentrating it for a while afterward.

Yes! Kind of hyperaware. It feels awful. 

On occasion, I experience what FileTrekker wrote in exactly that same way. It's as if my autonomic software (if there is such a thing) is resetting itself. It's rarely so intense that I would describe it as feeling awful. A bit disconcerting, yes - and a moment worthy of a strong, internalized obscenity - but that's it.

15 hours ago, JimL said:

Yeah. Have you ever tried an ice pack on your upper neck/base of skull. Try it for a few minutes and see if that helps. 

18 hours ago, FileTrekker said:

Hmm. Yeah. Not 100% sure but I do get that. Almost like I've suddenly become very self aware of my breathing / heart and feel like I have to take over my own breathing or feel like I'm not breathing or something. Its hard to calm down after that and just let my breathing work on its own. I find myself concentrating it for a while afterward.

Oh, and, what JimL wrote reminds me of what Ferris Bueller's dad recommended as helpful for dealing with his "illness":

Ferris: Dad, all this talking has made me kinda light headed. I think I oughta lie down. 
Dad: Take a bath. Then wrap a hot towel around your head. 
Ferris: Wrap a hot towel around my head? 
Dad: And then make yourself some soup, get a nap.

But if it works, it works.

10 hours ago, ScottS said:

On occasion, I experience what FileTrekker wrote in exactly that same way. It's as if my autonomic software (if there is such a thing) is resetting itself. It's rarely so intense that I would describe it as feeling awful. A bit disconcerting, yes - and a moment worthy of a strong, internalized obscenity - but that's it.

Oh, and, what JimL wrote reminds me of what Ferris Bueller's dad recommended as helpful for dealing with his "illness":

But if it works, it works.

Cooling the brain stem can calm one's body down. 

On 2/27/2019 at 4:05 PM, potsiebarbie said:

Anybody get a weird feeling like your heart is gonna stop or you are gonna stop breathing? I know it sounds weird, but it really bothers me. It comes and goes and other than that I pretty much feel like I'm on autopilot. I have constant unsettling derealization and depersonalization. Not getting much help from docs.

Funny you say...I check my to see if my heart is still beating sometimes. I think it's out of paranoia because my heart doesn't act right. I feel a huge increase in beating just from moving to a different position in bed. Plus all of the palpitations. I basically worry I'm gonna die everyday. I start my new medicine regimen today so we will see how that goes.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:46 AM, Derek1987 said:

Funny you say...I check my to see if my heart is still beating sometimes. I think it's out of paranoia because my heart doesn't act right. I feel a huge increase in beating just from moving to a different position in bed. Plus all of the palpitations. I basically worry I'm gonna die everyday. I start my new medicine regimen today so we will see how that goes.

I feel the same way! What's your new regimen?